According to several traditional beliefs, each house has its own energy type. Once a person starts living in a house he comes under the influence of a specific energy field. And these energies start influencing him in some way or the other. Now this argument may not have many takers in our times, but still for those who believe, it is very important to have homes that exude positive energy. Indian Vastu science has several remedies to ensure that a house remains blessed, without making any structural changes. Here are a few.
1. There is a science behind the idea of having a name plate outside one’s door. Vastu experts advise people to place a nameplate outside their home. This indicates ownership of the house and it works in the favour of the owners as it helps trace positivity and good opportunities back to you.
2. Light lamps, diyas and incense at home each evening and morning. This acts as a cleanser, shooing away the negativity or any evil eye. Fire is believed to be the powerful cosmic cleanser.
3. Build your kitchen in the south-east corner of the house. If not possible then, the north-west corner is the second best option. However, make sure your gas stove is placed in the south-east direction.
4. To get rid of negative energy, place a lemon in a glass of water. This water needs to be changed every Saturday. This must be done religiously each week.
5. Proof your kitchen against all evils. You can do so by keeping medicines away from the kitchen. This is because a kitchen indicates health and happiness, and medicines indicate otherwise.
6. Clear your mind. To do so, meditate for at least 15-20 minutes in a day. Chanting mantras also helps calm the mind. A clear mind can help do wonders. Plus, they are known to infuse positivity and good energy in the surroundings.
7. There should not be any mirrors in the bedroom. If you already have a dressing table or a wardrobe mirror, you need to cover it with a curtain while sleeping. Also, make sure the mirror is kept away from the bed. According to Vastu, it leads to ill health and family discords.
8. In the dark, unused corners of the house, place holy Ganga jal. This needs to change every weekly. Placing holy water helps the inflow of positive energy.
9. On the outer side of your main door, draw holy symbols of Swastik and OM.
10. Use wind chimes as the tinkling bells help to break negative energy patterns and help the positive energy to flow easily.
11. Salt is a healer. In this case, placing salt bowls in the corners of the house helps to absorb all the negative energy.
12. To maintain the peace and happiness of your home it is important that you perform the Navagraha puja and Ganesh puja at least once in three years. This helps to do away with the Vastu dosha from the house.
13. Picture frames that depict tragedy, war, anger or have an eagle or an owl are not good for a home. They invite trouble and are inauspicious. If you have these in your house, remove them immediately.
Acharaya Jatinder ji +91 98724-90530